Integrating CSR into all we do
Corporate Social Responsibility is an essential component of the Imerys Group's long term strategy to support growth while promoting environmental stewardship and social responsibility. We are committed to being a caretaker of the environment and regularly assess the quality of our environmental management systems and take initiatives to control and mitigate any environmental risks. Our efforts are recognized. In 2019, we were awarded the EcoVadis Gold Medal for our work in the realm of Corporate Social Responsibility, placing us among the top 6% of businesses to have received this prestigious label.
To create and protect stakeholder value, we are committed to implementing the following principles in three key areas:
- Safety and Health: develop a proactive safety and health culture by implementing the three pillars of the Imerys Safety System: compliance, continuous improvement and communication.
- Human Resources: develop the professional and personal capabilities of our employees, provide them with appropriate benefits, promote workplace diversity and maintain good industrial relations by fostering an environment of mutual respect.
- Communities: build positive relationships with communities around our sites and contribute to local social and economic development.
- Human Rights: respect fundamental human rights by referring to core international conventions and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and take specific actions to avoid child labor and forced labor.
- Management Systems: assess relevant environmental risks and continually improve control measures to reduce adverse environmental impacts.
- Resource Efficiency: apply advanced technologies and promote operational excellence to maximize the sustainable use of raw materials and other natural resources, such as land, energy and water.
- Biodiversity: preserve and create biodiversity value by enhancing rehabilitation of mines during their life spans with the aim of harmonizing with local ecosystems.
- Green Innovation: factor environmental benefits into the research and development of products, processes and services to reduce our environmental footprint throughout the product life cycle.
- Corporate Governance: respect and implement best corporate governance practices.
- Ethics and Business Conduct: promote and regulate ethical business behavior through the deployment of appropriate policies and protocols; and monitor their efficient and compliant implementation.
Each operation is responsible for allocating necessary resources to transform these global principles into concrete local actions. In order to ensure that high standards of responsibility and accountability are being maintained, the Group drives continuous improvement through periodical reviews.
More information about our sustainable development policies and practices can be found on the Imerys Group website.
Imerys Sustainable Development goals comply with a number of the 17 Sustainable Development goals set out by the United Nations in 2015.
Imerys Sustainable Development Commitment
Imerys Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Download the Imerys Group CSR Report 2017download