Sanitaryware bodies Imerys wollastonites - cost-effective, low LOI fluxing agents and reinforcing minerals for sanitaryware bodies
Imerys wollastonites are cost-effective, low loss on ignition (LOI) natural fluxing agents in sanitaryware where they improve mechanical properties in green bodies. Imerys wollastonites contribute CaO to the ceramic formula without outgassing, allowing manufacturers to reduce firing temperatures and time compared to traditional materials, generating cost savings and lowering CO2 emissions.
Sanitaryware body processing
Used in sanitaryware processing, Imerys acicular wollastonites are excellent, low LOI replacements for other calcium oxide sources.
Added to unfired, green bodies, wollastonite:
- Reduces firing temperatures and firing cycles, facilitating fast firing and lowering energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Reduces firing shrinkage
- Increases green and fired toughness
- Enhances impact strength
- Improves thermal stability preventing thermal shock
- Speeds up drying times
Imerys wollastonites can be used at relatively low addition levels in sanitaryware bodies:
- A 5% addition level will optimize strength
- Lower addition level minimizes shrinkage change
Recommended grades for sanitary ware bodies