Industrial paints Imerys minerals improve the all-round performance of your industrial paints and primers
Imerys minerals are excellent, environment friendly solutions for improving the all-round performance of your industrial paint and primer formulations.
Imerys minerals make excellent multifunctional pigments, fillers and extenders in industrial topcoats and primers, where they:
- Improve barrier properties enhancing impermeability and corrosion resistance
- Contribute to VOC reduction
- Reduce mud cracking
- Enhance scrub, color, UV and weather resistance
- Improve rheology, paint adhesion and application
- Are easy to disperse
- Minimize settling
- Are natural, environmentally friendly solutions
Imerys minerals are ideal for:
- Automotive paints, marine coatings, coil coatings, can coatings and high solids coatings
- All solvent borne, water borne and powder coating bases: acrylics, polyurethanes, polyesters, melamine resins, single-package and two-package epoxies, and oils.
- Traffic paints
We particularly recommend:
Our Engineered talcs which are proven anti-corrosion mineral pigments for demanding applications such as:
- Marine coatings
- Heavy industrial maintenance coatings
- General industrial coatings
- Direct to metal paints.
Our Vertal® products
Vertal® products are highly lamellar (platy), multi-functional, cost-effective mineral pigments that improve the performance and reduce the formulated costs of interior and exterior latex paints and primers.
Nyad® wollastonite for high performance low VOC coatings.
Nyad's low oil absorption, unique mineralogy and acicular morphology make it an ideal extender for high performance, low VOC coatings such as:
- Marine and protective coatings
- Industrial coatings
- Wind turbine coatings
- Special purpose / OEM coatings
- Automotive refinishes
- High heat resistant coatings
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.