Nyad® For high performance in industrial coatings & fiber cement board
- Reduced VOC content
- Enhanced corrosion resistance
- Improved mechanical properties
Nyad® wollastonite is a natural calcium metasilicate. Its low oil absorption, unique mineralogy and acicular morphology make it an ideal extender for high performance low VOC coatings. In fiber cement board, it provides high temperature resistance as well as dimensional stability in wet-room and fire-resistant formulations.
Paints and coatings
Used in high performance coatings formulations, Nyad® wollastonite:
- Demonstrates low oil absorption, enabling VOC reduction
- Improves mechanical properties
- Enhances corrosion resistance
- Confers higher flexibility and impact resistance
- Reduces cracking and checking
- Supports adhesion
- Provides high thermal shock resistance
- Prolongs the service life of coatings
Nyad® is recommended for:
- Marine and protective coatings
- Industrial coatings
- Wind turbine coatings
- Special purpose / OEM
- Automotive refinishes
- High heat resistant coatings
- Pipe coatings
Fiber cement boards
Nyad® G and Nyad® MG wollastonite grades are suitable for use in fiber-cement board applications, where they provide high temperature resistance as well as dimensional stability in wet-room and fire-resistant formulations.
For wet room applications, Nyad® can be formulated to create a synergetic effect with our Suzorite® 20 S and Suzorite® 30 S low bulk density phlogopite micas which improve thermal shrinkage and control hydric movement.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.