Opacity, dry hiding and TiO2 extension Imerys talcs - cost- effective TiO2 extenders
Imerys talcs make excellent, cost-effective eco-friendly extenders to hiding pigments such as TiO2.
Imerys talc products:
- Are highly lamellar with a high specific surface area. This promotes the formation of air filled voids in the film as it dries, giving an effect of dry hiding above the CPVC.
- Improve TiO2 utilization through better spacing, optimizing prime pigment efficiency
- Are suitable for waterborne and solvent-borne paints and primers
- Are ideal for flexographic inks
Our Jetfine® 1H ultrafine, high-brightness, micronized talc grade gives excellent dry hiding power in low-to-high PVC decorative paints.
Jetfine® 1H is:
- An excellent alternative to opaque polymers and synthetic aluminum silicate
- Ideal for VOC-compliant alkyd paints
- Suitable for use in outdoor and indoor coatings
Our Vertal® range improves hiding power and stainblocking in architectural primers.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.