Steamat® A cost-effective matting agent for decorative paints
- A regular and deep matting effect
- Easy application
- Improved scrub and weathering resistance
Steamat® is an innovative, engineered talc-chlorite, specifically designed to give a rich, deep matt finish in a cost-effective formulation.
- A specially defined particle size distribution which diffuses light with high efficiency from the paint film, giving a deep matting effect
- A lamellar morphology, which gives the paint film good mud-cracking resistance while maintaining opacity and porosity
- A specific mineralogy that allows easy incorporation in both solvent- and water-borne systems
- A high apparent density which allows easy dispersion into the paint during manufacture
It provides excellent scrub and weathering resistance to interior and exterior paints.
Light diffusion principle with Steamat®
Steamat® is an excellent cost-effective alternative to waxes.
It is ideal for interior and exterior decorative paints.
EU REACh and Ecolabel
Imerys products for paints and coatings are naturally occurring, chemically inert minerals that are simply ground to achieve a specific particle distribution size. We do not use additives in our processes. As such, our products are exempt from EU REACH registration and compliant with EU Ecolabel criteria governing organic paints. Imerys minerals reduce the overall environmental impact of your paints and coatings formulations.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.