Applications A certified range of food additive talc grades
Imerys offers a selective range of certified, controlled food additive talc grades.
Imerys talcs are ideal for use as texturizing and anti-sticking agents in the manufacture of chewing gum. Talc imparts excellent rheology and mouth feel to the gum base. It is an ideal gum base regulator. Talc makes an ideal powdering agent, preventing gum sticks from sticking to wrappers.
Imerys talcs are excellent coating, anticaking and surface finishing agents for chocolate, sweets and candies.
Dried powdered foodstuffs and seasonings
Imerys talcs make excellent anticaking agents for dried foodstuffs (including sugars) and salt and its substitutes.
In seasonings, talc is used as a texturizing agent.
Processed and ripened cheese
Imerys talcs make ideal surface finishing agents for hard, semi-hard and processed cheese.
Processed meats and sausages
Imerys talcs are effective surface finishing and texturizing agents for cured meats and sausages.
Talc is used as a surface finishing agent to polish rice and to prevent caking.
Food supplements in tablet and coated form
Imerys talcs make ideal inert fillers and carriers in food supplements and foodstuffs in tablet and coated form.
All our talc grades:
- Are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- Comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Comply with Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Are certified anti-allergenic
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.