Functional filler Imerys talcs - excellent functional fillers in paper and board
Imerys low abrasion talc filler grades make excellent functional fillers in paper and board applications.
Used as functional fillers, Imerys talcs:
- Provide high retention
- Allow high filler loading
- Are cost-effective replacements for fresh fiber
- Reduce white pitch risk when using coated broke
- Can be used under acid and neutral conditions
- Provide faster dewatering than other fillers
- Improve wet web strength
- Reduce drying time
- Impart good mechanical properties to the paper
- Improve paper smoothness
- Reduce coefficient of friction
- Improve spool tension
- Improve coating hold out
- Improve die cutting
- Reduce dye usage and two-sidedness.
We offer a full range technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.