Crys-Talc® Your cost-effective solution for polymer crystallization
- Optimum nucleation in homopolymer and copolymer PP
- Effective nucleation in polyamides, PLA, and semi-crystalline polymers
- Improves rigidity and impact resistance
- Increased injection-molding and extrusion output
- Excellent mixing behavior and dispersion
Crys-Talc® is a new, very bright, cost-effective and highly efficient plastic nucleation talc grade with a unique, micro-lamellar morphology. Crys-Talc® is ideal for the nucleation of polypropylene (PP), polyamides, PL and other semi-crystalline polymers.
Due to its unique micro-crystalline structure, Crys-Talc® provides an optimum surface for the nucleation of semi-crystalline polymers.
Crys-Talc® is an efficient and highly cost-effective nucleating agent for polypropylene that:
- Increases crystallization temperature and kinetics
- Increases injection-molding and extrusion output by 10 to 15%
- Improves stiffness, strength and Izod impact performance
Onset crystallization temperature and crystallization half time of copolymer PP nucleated with Crys-Talc®
Overall performance of Crys-Talc in PP
At higher addition rates, Crys-Talc® acts as a reinforcing agent improving stiffness, impact resistance and heat distortion temperature (HDT).
Talc is also an efficient nucleating agent for polyamides.
Data obtained in PA6 shows that Crys-Talc® can significantly increase crystallization temperature compared to unfilled PA6 or PA6 filled with other minerals.
Increasing crystallization temperature in PA6:
- Allows the polymer melt to solidify faster
- Improves the throughput of industrial processes
- Reduces injection molding cycle times
Crys-Talc® is available in compacted form for easy handling, less dust and improved productivity.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.