Jetfine® For superior stiffness and impact resistance in automotive and E&E parts
- Unique ultrafine milling technology
- Improved TPO and ETP impact strength at low temperatures
- Enhanced scratch resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Reduced part thickness
Developed using proprietary ultrafine grinding technology, our Jetfine® range of talc grades has been specifically designed to improve impact strength and scratch resistance in high-flow PP and TPO resins for automotive and in engineering thermoplastics for E&E applications.
Stiffness/ Impact balance
The ultrafine particle size distribution (< 50% under 1 micron), highly lamellar morphology,and high aspect ratio of our Jetfine® talcs generates excellent particle orientation during injection molding improving the stiffness / impact balance of the finished part.
Jetfine® talcs are ideal for high-end applications which require superior stiffness / impact balance or where wall thickness downgaging is desired such as:
- Automotive exterior parts, such as bumpers, fenders, fascias, body or rocker panels, made from TPOs,
- Automotive interior parts made from polypropylene, TPOs, PC/PBT, PC/ABS, etc.
- E&E parts such as computer, TV and electronic device housings molded from engineering thermoplastics.
Jetfine® outperforms conventional fine talc in PP copolymer
The scratch performance of talc-reinforced PP and TPO compounds is key for interior and exterior automotive applications where appearance is most important. Particle size distribution is an essential parameter for scratch resistance: the finer the mineral, the better the scratch resistance. Using ultrafine Jetfine® talcs in PP and TPO automotive compounds significantly reduces scratch damage.
Jetfine® talcs are efficient in polyolefins as well as engineering thermoplastics including polyamides, polyesters, PC/ABS or PC/PBT.
Jetfine® products can be supplied in compacted form for enhanced compounding throughput and dosing accuracy.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.