Mistron® For film antiblocking, foam nucleation and improved mechanical properties and dimensional stability in plastics
Our Mistron® range of talc products are high purity, platy, microlamellar talcs that are used for film antiblocking, foam nucleation and for improving mechanical properties and dimensional stability in plastics.
Mistron® grades can be used as general purpose reinforcement agents in rigid plastics, where they provide:
- Improved stiffness
- Good HDT
- Improved dimensional stability
Mistron® talc products for film antiblocking applications are engineered to provide:
- Reduced blocking force
- Improved dart drop strength and puncture resistance
- High clarity and low haze in plastic films
Recommended grades for antiblocking:
- Mistron® 400C (for high clarity and low haze)
- Mistron® AB
- Mistron® NT (surface treated)
Mistron® talc products can also be used for plastic foam nucleation where they:
- Increase cell density
- Reduce cell dimensions
- Produce uniform cell distribution
- Enhance properties of foamed plastics at constant density
Surface treated Mistron® ZSC is ideal for foam applications including in expanded polystyrene and foamed polyolefins.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.