Wood plastic composites Imerys talcs improve the structural integrity of WPCs
Lamellar Imerys talcs make cost-effective processing aids in PP and PE-based plastic WPCs widening the processing window, reducing moisture-related problems and improving the structural integrity of the final WPC product.
Used in PP and PE-based plastic WPCs, Imerys talc:
- Lowers compound viscosity, increasing extrusion speed while maintaining good surface appearance
- Increases modulus of rupture, modulus of elasticity and HDT
- Reduces water absorption and warpage
- Improves dimensional stability in terms of shrinkage, warpage and isotropy
- Reduces creep and elastic recovery performance
- Improves rigidity after water soak and reduces swell in water
We particularly recommend our 40µm top-cut talcs, Luzenac and Steamic® products for WPCs.
Performance improvement with partial wood replacement by talc
Our ImerPlast™ mixed polymer compound, compatibilized using a mineral-based compatibilizing, agent is an ideal solution for replacing virgin or recycled resin in wood plastic composites.
For more information see our Recycled Plastics section.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.