Automotive Imerys minerals improve the chemical-physical properties and performance of rubber automotive components
Automotive applications include exposure to some of the toughest environments rubber parts have to endure. Using Imerys minerals as processing aids and multifunctional fillers in rubber automotive components helps them meet stringent design specifications and stand the test of time.
Imerys talcs and wollastonites - particularly the finest grades, with the highest surface area (BET):
- Improve mechanical properties of rubber automotive components such as tensile strength, abrasion resistance and tear strength.
- Are effective processing aids, lowering compound viscosity and improving rubber compound flow
- Improve barrier properties hence impermeability
- Diminish plasticizer evaporation, giving better thermal resistance and extending service life
- Provide good thermal, UV and weathering resistance, extending service life
- Are natural, environmentally friendly solutions
- Reduce odor and VOC levels
Used as cost-effective and environmentally friendly partial substitutes to carbon black, Imerys minerals improve the mechanical properties and performance of tires, under-the-hood and hydraulics parts, hoses, seals, sleeves, dampers, gaskets, grommets, O-rings, profiles and weather seals.
We particularly recommend the following ranges for automotive applications:
- Carbon black extension and reduced gas permeability and heat build-up in tire inner liners
- Reduced electrical conductivity and corrosion, matt surface and good weathering resistance in car door seals
- Low moisture pick up, good thermal aging resistance, hot tear resistance and barrier properties in automotive hoses
- Fatigue and crack growth resistance, and as a carbon black extender in gaskets
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.