Industrial mechanical goods Imerys minerals improve the performance and durability of molded and extruded parts for industrial applications and domestic appliances
Used as multifunctional fillers and processing aids, Imerys minerals improve the performance and durability of molded and extruded profiles, seals and gaskets used for industrial applications.
- Are ideal reinforcing agents improving mechanical properties of rubber compounds such as tensile strength, elongation, modulus and tear resistance
- Are efficient processing aids, lowering rubber compound viscosities and improving extrusion flow
- Reduce rubber compound nerve
- Improve compression and tension set
- Improve fatigue growth and crack resistance
- Improve barrier properties
- Minimize wear on extruder screws and dies
- Are cost-effective, low-environmental-impact alternatives to carbon black and precipitated silica
- Diminish plasticizer evaporation, giving better thermal resistance and extending service life
- Are natural, environmentally friendly solutions
Imerys talcs, wollastonites and micas make excellent multifunctional, reinforcement fillers for conventional or thermoplastic rubber products such as hoses, washers, seals, stoppers, flappers, gaskets, o-rings, grommets and cables used in household appliances such as washing machines and tumble dryers.
We particularly recommend the following ranges for rubber industrial goods:
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.