Mistron® Vapor A high performance, cost-effective alternative to carbon black in rubber
Mistron® Vapor products are cost-effective industrial minerals that perform in synergy with clay, precipitated silica and carbon black. Mistron® Vapor products provide greater flexibility, balancing the benefits of improved processability with the requirements of product performance.
Mistron® Vapor has a unique microlamellar structure providing a higher surface area at the same fineness as macrolamellar talc found on the market. This specific surface area leads to better reinforcement levels in rubber compounds.
Mistron® Vapor has a unique microlamellar structure
Used in addition to or as a partial substitution for carbon black, Mistron® Vapor demonstrates a synergism which:
- Improves processability -lowering viscosity and improving mold flow and extrusion rates
- Enhances mechanical properties such as elongation at break, modulus and cut/tear resistance
- Reduces plasticizer evaporation, resulting in superior thermal and weather resistance
- Reduces permeability by creating a barrier to the diffusion of gases
- Improves the dispersion of carbon black-lowering mixing time by up to 20% in tire tread compounds for example, increasing production output
- Prevents scorch
Mistron® Vapor is a viable technical and cost-effective alternative to N500, N700 and N990.
Performance is improved all round when carbon black is replaced by 20% Mistron® Vapor talc in EPDM
All round improvement in performance with 20% Mistron® Vapor talc in EPDM
And Mistron® Vapor has a CO2 footprint about 10 times lower than carbon black!
Mistron® Vapor has a carbon footprint 10 x lower than carbon black
Mistron® Vapor talcs are white and can be used in pigmented and non-black systems as well as to provide complementary options to carbon black.
They are the multifunctional fillers of choice for extrusion and molded parts for automotive, building and domestic appliance applications.
They are natural, inert, free-flowing talcs, available in high-density, dust-free micro-beads for easy handling and high processing throughput.
For tire applications, we recommend our high aspect ratio Mistron® HAR.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.