Pharmaceutical closures Imerys talc improves the mechanical and physical properties of medical stoppers
Imerys talcs provide the barrier properties and durability critical to prevent substances contained in bottles from oxidizing.
Imerys talc improves the barrier properties of rubbers used for medical stoppers allowing them to meet strict design specifications regarding contact of vulcanized rubbers with pharmaceuticals.
- Is an ideal reinforcing agent, improving mechanical properties of stoppers
- Is an effective processing aid, lowering compound viscosity and improving compound flow
- Improves barrier properties, hence impermeability
- Provides good thermal resistance and color retention, extending service life
- Is chemically inert and does not react with medical substances, having no effect on the level of reducing substances, pH and UV light adsorption
- Is a natural, environmentally friendly solution
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.